Acceptable File Format Guide
We FULLY GUARANTEE all customer designed work that meet our following specifications! Incorrect files may still be printed. Double-check and make sure your files meet ALL of the following specifications.
We accept the following digital file formats via upload: jpg, PDF, sit. We also accept the following formats via email. Please use our templates they can also be formatted and saved as the following file formats:
- .PDF (Preferred) We recommend PrimoPDF if you don't have Acrobat Pro.
- .JPG or .JPEG (2nd best option)
- .TIF or .tiff
Note: Images with transparent areas may not print as desired. Please order a hardcopy proof to see how your file will print before placing your order.
- Business Cards NO bleed: 3.5 inches x 2 inches
- Business Cards WITH bleed 3.625 x 2.125 (3.6 x 2.1 is also acceptable)
- Borders must be at least .125 inches thick around the artwork. We do NOT guarentee border cutting will be uniform.
- Double sided file will ALWAYS print Head - to - Head. That means top of one file to the top of the other.
- Files with a bleed must allow a minimum of 1/8th inch for trimming
- Crop all images exactly the way you want them to look.
- Illustrator has trouble with clipping masks and transparencies. PLEASE edit your IMAGES in Photoshop. Fonts and graphics placed over these "Clipped" areas often error when ripped. If in doubt, distill your file and look closely at the areas in question to ensure color values match. Use PDF x1a for output on files with transparencies.
- All scanned images must be 100% size
- All scanned images must be 300 dpi
- All colors must be in CMYK (PMS SPOT COLORS MUST BE CONVERTED TO CMYK) PLEASE NOTE: We do NOT color match as this is not possible on gang-run printing. If you want color matched order a Pantone or custom run.
- Your total color saturation of CMYK cannot exceed 250% (60 cyan, 40 magenta, 40 yellow and 100 black) or your black colors may appear a muddy brown on the final print.
- Cyan and Magenta must have greater than 30% difference in values or you may get purple instead of blue when the job prints. We cannot guarentee that your job will not shift slightly when your order a gang-run print job. (all orders are gangrun except catalogs and custom orders)
- Include all linked/placed images along with your master document.
- Please .zip or stuff your files before sending.
- All fonts must be converted to paths, curves or rasterized. If you don't know what that means, then don't send your file.
- Make sure the orientation of your files is correct.
- Ensure that the grammar and spelling of your files are correct. We are not responsible for your grammatical and typographical errors.
- Keep important images and information away from any cut lines.
- Make sure all elements (.tifs, images, etc.) are embedded in one file per side of card. That means, if you have a double-sided card, you would only upload 2 files: 1 for the front and 1 for the back.
- Spot UV means that a certain part of the card should have no gloss. In this area the card can be written on with a pen or pencil. There must be a black and white image (NOT Grayscale) created for each side that will have Spot-UV. The file should be BLACK where you DO want UV, and WHITE where you DO NOT want UV. Spot-UV cannot be 'faded' with grayscale values. The file must be in Black and White ONLY.
- If you send files in RGB or Spot Color format, we are not responsible for color variation. Some CMYK versions of spot colors may vary. Please reference a Spot to a Process chart when choosing your colors. Most jobs are gang-run to provide you the lowest possible prices and colors may vary slightly.
- Standard production time is 5-7 business days from proof approval, plus shipping. Please note that errors in production resulting in a problem mentioned above may increase production time resulting in a longer wait. Mail prep will add a minimum 2 days to production time.